Since the government passed a new law to level the call charges of every network, the new subscribers face a tough test to select a network in Sri Lanka.
It is up to the individuals to decide whether the new-law is good or not. I am trying to write about selecting a network in Sri Lanka.
Dialog is the biggest network with more than 6 million users while Mobitel grows rapidly with 4 million as the second. Etisalat ranks at third place with 3 million subscribers and the new network Airtel is at the fourth place with 1 million subscribers.
If you are planning to buy a new connection then consider the following facts.
- Network Coverage: All the above networks have covered the most of the island. But the signal levels might change from place to place depending on the distance from the tower and other geographical factors. But in my personal opinion, Dialog got the most accomplished network coverage, covering towns as well as Rural parts.
- Number of subscribers per tower: How many times you have tried to call someone and that voice said "Network Busy". It really frustrate many users and Mobitel hasn't taken enough steps to solve this problem. Dialog once stopped giving new connections, in order to provide the old-subscribers a good service. But now Mobitel is also improving their infrastructure facilities to satisfy their users.
- Outgoing calls: In my case, most of the friends got Mobitel connections, so it's cheap for me to have a Mobitel connection. Dialog got the biggest network and they always say it is the cheapest network because of its large population. But we are not going to call all their 6 million, right?. It is unfair to judge the best network, from the population due to that reason.
- Special packages: Airtel got that unique system of packages for prepaid users. If you make a reload of exact rs.25, they give you some free Airtel to Aitel Calls and SMS. So it might be a good option for lovers. But yet again most of the people don't use Airtel, so using Airtel as the permanent network might not be the wise decision. Mobitel's famous "UPAHARA" package was a golden opportunity for many university students and State-professionals for a cheap bill. But now they are not offering that anymore, so If you have got one already, then you are lucky!
Most of the youths and students got Mobitel. And it's rapidly growing. So I personally recommend Mobitel as the most suited network for new subscribers.
But yet you must think wise to select a network to suite your purpose. If you have no worries about the cost but only considers about the service then go with Dialog. Airtel is my recommend for couples.
Etisalat got many features, but I wonder who the hell would worry about the features in this Internet era, I think I don't want to talk about that very poor network of Hutch, which has still failed to establish well in Sri Lanka.
Mobitel is the only company which is100% Sri Lankan. That's something we should consider before selecting a network. Although I like Mobitel than Dialog, I'm too a Dialog user. Ha ha! Not because I got money, but because my father has Dialog and he is the one who bought me a SIM. But I hope to switch to Mobitel very soon.





1 comments:
i think mobitel Is the most suited one.
Post a Comment